Monday, September 30, 2013

A brown egg at last!!!!!!

Tonight, while I was milking Sally, my dad brought me a "present"-----the first egg from our chickens we raised this year.  :)    Oh happy day!   It looks so tiny tucked in the egg carton beside all the large white eggs.  It's a start though!

Outside of that excitement, it was another quiet day.  I reorganized the pantry somewhat and my dad brought in a boxful of very dirty jars that have been sitting in the Quonset ever since someone gave them to us a few years back.  We finally are in need of them now, so I had the incentive to wash the dreadful things.  After scrubbing and scrubbing them in hot soapy water, I put them in the dishwasher to just be sure that they're clean!

My dad worked on his semi all afternoon.  This morning he checked cows, then went to town to put money in the bank; fill all the gas jugs; and to get his ear washed out as it was plugged again and the nurse in Bismarck did not get it open last week when she tried.  He says it's so nice to hear again...  Oh, and he changed the oil in my car!  :) 

I washed some laundry and hung it out to dry; ground up the tomato soup vegetables and added the rest of the ingredients, then cooked and canned it; then I was in need of a project, so I washed all of the cupboards and entryway doors/paneling and oiled the wood. 

We talked to my mom on the phone just a little bit ago and she said they were just returning from seeing the closing ceremony at Mount Rushmore.  I'm so glad they got to go and see that!   I know I was there once when I was a little girl, but it would be nice to go see it again, someday.  At least now I can see pictures of some of my family there.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.