Monday, September 23, 2013

Last day...

We learned this evening that Hristiyan's grandparents will be ready to pick him up early tomorrow morning, so I guess this was his last day with us for this year.  It was lots of fun having him here once again---he even helped make the work fun!  

Today, I had Jacob and Hristiyan helping me with putting some fencing up in the barn so we could let the chickens out of their smaller pen into the bigger part of the barn and yet have them contained.  We also moved a different nesting box in and mounted it, which was a challenge, as it started to fall apart when we finally got it up on the wall!  They also helped me dig our little potato harvest and hauled some zucchini into the house.  Hristiyan wasn't too fond of digging in the dirt (with the spiders and worms crawling everywhere), but he thinks chicken butchering would be fun!  Go figure....   :)

Later, when Andrew was back from hauling hay home, the 3 young guys went down to the range to shoot some targets.  I went down to snap some pictures of them after I finished making the tortillas and then getting the chicken enchiladas in the oven for supper.

Later still, (after supper and chores) we young people had fun getting ready for a photo-shoot featuring Hristiyan, and then doing it.  There will be pictures coming here in the near future....

My mom had a full day in Bismarck and my dad ran up to Bismarck later for some parts he needed for the semi right away. 

We enjoyed having our cousin here and will look forward to next years visit.  ;)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.