Saturday, September 21, 2013

"Anti-I-Over"; "The Penny"; and "Evolution Vs. God"....

My brothers and I took Hristiyan down to the Kintyre park this afternoon as that building is just the right size to play "Anti-I-Over" over.  :)  I was trying to figure out what the name means by doing a search on-line, but didn't come up with anything, other than that it's a game that's been played as far back as the late 1800s and that it has several different name variations.  Here is a link to a page with several good old-time game instructions----not necessarily just for children:  http://thelibrary.org/lochist/periodicals/bittersweet/fa73l.htm

We 4 also played Dutch Blitz and this evening we all watched "The Penny" (http://www.amazon.com/The-Penny-Tom-Lodewyck/dp/B004UR1RBU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379820113&sr=8-2&keywords=the+penny) as Hristiyan likes action/police stories....

After our main church-time was over, we also watched/rewatched "Evolution Vs. God" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ .

Lots of good things today!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cora,
    Please tell Hristiyan for me that we also watched "Evolution vs. God" last evening! I was surprised to hear that you have that movie because I hadn't heard of it until this WVCY rally.

    Also at the rally we heard David Menton from Answers in Genesis. It was an awesome and fun presentation, teaching lots of science, especially comparing scales to feathers because that's what many evolutionists claim happened. We really need to start watching David Menton's series that we bought a while back on the human body.

    I was bummed that Jason wasn't able to go because of his bad cough, but it was a packed crowd with even people in the balcony!

    Cora, now that we have exhausted your S.M. David collection, we should exchange Christian educational movies like those we have from Vision Forum and Answers in Genesis. Too bad that I didn't think of it just three days ago!

    I am not surprised to hear of you playing yet another game I haven't heard of. Your family is the most game-playing family I have ever heard of!
    Love,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.