Saturday, September 28, 2013

Time with grandparents...

My grandma had called my dad a couple days ago and asked for his help with fixing a wire that had broke on Grandpa's wheelchair lift for their Tahoe.  They use it every other day to take Grandpa to and from dialysis.  So, we decided to go help with that today. 

First, we did the morning chores (I milk the cow and goats and my dad does everything else) and my dad drove up to the pasture and checked the cows, then after getting cleaned up, we headed for Bismarck.  I had never seen where Grandpa goes to have his dialysis done, so that was a new experience.  He still had almost 2 hours to sit (dialysis takes about 4 hours each time), so we took Grandma to Perkins for lunch.  We all 3 had pancakes.  :) 

When we got back to the clinic, my dad fixed the 2 wires that were broke (or near breaking) and was done in about 10 minutes!   It's nice to be around people who know what they're doing. 

After watching Grandpa get unhooked from the machine, and helping them to their vehicle, we visited for a while, then my dad and I went and took a tour through the Centennial Homes lot. :)  The salesman, Mike, showing us around grew up by Braddock, so it was neat to have someone ask: 

"Where are you from?",

and to have him know exactly where we meant when we replied,

"Kintyre". 

Oh, I forgot to say that I got to see my OLD friend, Lindsey today (we were friends/neighbors when we were 3 years old but haven't seen each other since my high-school graduation)!   She works in Grandpa's dialysis center and was on duty today!!!   She's even engaged to be married next August.  :)

It was a good day. 

"Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of family and OLD friends!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.