Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A belated gift...

 
When the mailman brought a certain box to the house today, my mom was very excited, as it contained the present that she's been waiting and waiting for to give to me for my birthday. 
 
Q:   What was in the box? 
A:   4 chorus books like this:


...plus---one book with all of the music in (for piano), as the other books just have the words to the songs.   I just spent over an hour playing many of these wonderful songs.  It brings back memories of church at Alfred....  My mom says it reminds her of many other churches she's been in that have had these chorus books.   There are so many wonderful songs of praise and worship inside!!!  What a wonderful birthday present!

It was a GORGEOUS day outside!!!!!!   The snow was melting and the birds singing.  I do believe spring is in the near future.  :)



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely birthday present!!!! Its always neat to have new songs to play on the piano! I know, I get excited when I get to learn a brand new song and I esp. love the older hymns!
    Yes, I do believe spring might just "pop" up pretty early this year! I do so love the warm weather though, everyone is so much more happy when its nice outside! :)
    Blessings,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.