Sunday, March 30, 2014

Babies!

They're arriving---faster and faster with each passing day and especially with the blizzard that is rolling in!  There were 3 calves so far today (my first one of the year today!!!) and there's for sure one more well on its way to being born. 

This picture is of a calf that was born this morning.  We sorted the cows and their babies off and put them in the north pole-barn so the calves don't get stomped on overnight in the other barns with all the cows trying to squish in there.
 This picture is of our very first calf of the official calving season.  :)


My mom went to Rolla, ND this morning (talking about Kangen water and other things with several friends) and won't be back until sometime tomorrow, weather permitting.

My dad, brothers, and I sorted off the bulls this morning and moved them across the road.  This afternoon, (after Andrew fixed something on his generator on the grain cleaner and after I made a batch of ice cream) Andrew and I went up to his place to clean for a few hours.  It sure looks a lot better now!  :)

Please pray for all of the ranchers and the cows/calves during this upcoming blizzard!!!  Thank you so much.~

2 comments:

  1. Same here. The beef cows started calving last week and we're hoping the snow doesn't get as bad as their forecasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those pictures of the calves are so cute! Nice to see the very protective Mother too :)
    Praying for ya'll and hoping the blizzard stays at bay!
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.