Monday, March 17, 2014

Catch-up picture post!

 
Some of these pictures are old already (a lot of the snow has melted now), but I'll share them anyway.
 
Cleaning out the driveway after a windy night...
 The snow-blower that Andrew bought and fixed, then used to clean off the ice-rink...
 Waiting for the "new" tractor to arrive...
 Johanna and I built a cabin!
 Tracy Jo put a rock on her head and called it her helmet.  :)
Wheeeee...
 It was 60 degrees outside that day!!

These next few pictures are from this last Saturday evening at the G's house...
 For this activity, the girls were a team, as were the boys.  Each was given a limited supply of tape, wax paper, cling-wrap, and toilet paper....  Then, in 20 minutes time, each team was to decorate a member of their team as some sort of a statue.  Can you guess who we did?
 The guys...
 Lauretta, helping with a torch... 
 (Andrew and I picked up Lauretta, Josephine and Thaddaeus and took them along for the fun.)
 I hope you can guess who Krystal was now!  :)
 Our final "Creations"----the Statue of Liberty, and a gladiator?  What a pair!
 It was lots of fun to see and talk with my Miranda friend again!!!  I love that lady!  She's been such a true, loyal friend these past 11 years.  :)

Yesterday afternoon, we had friends (parts of 2 different families) come over for another time of fun and fellowship!  We played a LOT of ping-pong.  
 
Andrew, wouldn't it be easier playing with your left hand?  ;)
 Tom and Andrew played against---
--- Thaddaeus and my dad for several games.  That was pretty fun to watch! Later, some of we ladies joined in on the action, but I don't have pictures of that...
 Tom's serves were very hard to stop!
 Father and son...
 After supper, we played a few indoor games...
 Virginia brought along one of her favorite games (Ticket to Ride) and, as we also have that game and only 5 people can play on one board, we had 2 games going...  
Later, we played "I Doubt It" and "Taboo". 
I thank the Lord for this blessing of dear friends and neighbors!!! 

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"  Psalm 133:1

1 comment:

  1. Well! That is just wonderful and I enjoyed all the nice pictures!
    Haha, we have our own homemade ice rinks here with all the melt.freeze.melt.freeze pattern going on! It looks like you and your girls enjoyed the WARMER weather day too! That was a great day to be outside to get rid of the winter blues! :)
    Games and fellowship with friends is always a good time, I think I would steer clear from the wild guys with the flying ping pong paddles tho ! Hehe! :)
    Joyful tonight,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.