Friday, March 28, 2014

Busy days on the farm!

Here's a quick overview of the past 2 days (from my perspective)...

The guys ground the rest of our oats and put it in the small bin so we can feed it easier, plus they needed the gravity box it was in!  They're also busy getting the grain cleaners ready for the big season.

Yesterday,  my dad drove the big tractor up by Steele to a farmer's place and brought home the big air-seeder he purchased.  Today, he and Jacob were figuring out how things work on it.

Yesterday, I babysat for a while so Paula could run some errands.

Today, my mom and Andrew were gone in Bismarck most of the day.  Andrew bought some furniture for his new home.  :)  When they returned, the rest of us headed up the road to help them unload.  It's really neat to see his house beginning to look like a home!

We had another calf yesterday, so that makes a grand total of:  2.  Thankfully, they're both doing well!

The chickens are starting to lay again--today we collected a grand total of: 4.  :)  The peas must be what they needed!

Praise the Lord---our friends' son, Joshua has improved dramatically.  Thank you for your prayers!  He still has a long way to go, but they're all so happy with the progress so far!!!

Jacob helped me clean the house today, then I made the feast for tonight and food for tomorrow as well. 

My dad went to Napoleon to put money in the bank again and to get fuel.

One of my dwarf fruit trees is blooming now and the smell is heavenly (it is what I imagine Heaven might smell like anyway)...

It was a wonderful day!  :)

I hope and pray that you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...so glad to hear that about Joshua! Blessings to their family and we will continuing praying! No such thing as to much prayer :) I saw one of those air seeders just today...them things look pretty powerful, but will get the job done! Glad to hear that about your chickens, mine too are liking the warm weather and laying more everyday!
    Oh joy,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.