Monday, March 31, 2014

BLIZZARD!!!

I feel exhausted and ready to fall asleep right now!  My running muscles must have gotten lazy over the winter months and they're for sure not used to running through heavy snow and jumping over snowbanks in pursuit of cows who are going astray!  :) 
 
These are some of the mamas and babies that were in the barn this morning.  We had 3 new calves born today and I praise God that they're all alive!!! 
 One of the cows that calved today is very aggressive and was ready to knock people over if they came too close to her calf--or other's calves, for that matter.  I praise God for safety and that WE are all alive!!!  (That cow will likely be on a trailer headed for the salesbarn this fall, if not sooner.)
 
 Our herd was turning white!!  Thankfully, the snow let up a bit now, but the wind is still howling something fierce.  Continued prayers would be so wonderful!
 One of the new calves (it was Andrews') had to spend some time warming up in the kitchen.  He kept me company while I made supper, as my mom wasn't home to do that.  She wisely decided to stay up at Rolla with her friend one more day after hearing what we were saying about the weather here...
 It's a little hard to see through the screen, but this picture was taken out of my bedroom window and those are our vehicles half buried in snow!

 It's hard to believe that this picture was taken yesterday, isn't it?  It's amazing the difference that 12 hours can make!  When I checked cows at 4:30am, there were no snowflakes in the sky.
 The next 2 pictures are from yesterday as well, when Andrew and I were cleaning in his house.  He did the vacuuming and I dusted and swept things.
He found this lovely picture hiding in a closet...
As I'm writing, this song is playing in the background and I thought these words would make the perfect ending to this post!  :)
 
 
"May the Lord protect and defend you,
 May the Lord preserve you from pain,
Favor them, oh Lord, with happiness and peace..."
Oh hear my prayer----Amen.

2 comments:

  1. WOW....you had the blizzard too, huh?! Oh, the calves look so cute! I am so thankful your Mom decided to stay where she was! Whoa, that is some picture...I love the fall colors!
    Praying for all your cattle, baby cattle and ranchers ;)
    Blessings, Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES--we had the blizzard too!! Now the sun is shining and the wind is down. Hooray and PTL! :) My mom plans to come home today...
    Thank you so much for your prayers! I know they help!!!
    Blessings back to you, Emmy!
    ~Cora

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.