Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The weather outside is frightful...

...compared to where Paula and the girls are at now (AZ) anyway.  :)  Inside, it is very delightful!

My brothers helped my dad load corn this morning off our pile, then they both headed for a place north of Bismarck to buy a used snowblower.  The blower needs minimal fixing and hopefully they'll be able to use it to clean off our ice-skating rink before Sunday when we hope to have a little skating party!  Hooray!

The guys loaded another load of corn when they returned (my dad was already shoveling by then) and the pile is gone now.  Next, they have to get the auger working (it broke this afternoon) and start emptying grain bins....

Please pray for the safety of people driving on the roads these wintry days, as just in the last 3 days, 3 of my friends have had sliding-off-the-road type of accidents.  Thankfully, the Lord kept them safe!!!

Speaking of friends, I had a very pleasant phone call this afternoon and talked to my VERY "old" friend, Kjersti.  She and I used to be 3 year old best friends, along with our other friend, Lindsay.  We've stayed in touch somewhat through the years and now have hope of seeing each other at Lindsay's wedding this fall.  It was just so good to hear Kjersti's laugh again after all these years.  :)   

1 comment:

  1. Its nice to have some warmer weather in MN here lately! I just love it! You truly see God's hand at work when he keeps those driving on icy roads safe! I am thankful for a cozy home!
    Stay safe!
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.