Friday, April 4, 2014

A HUGE auction!

The guys in our family have gone to the ORR consignment auction several times, but this was the first time that I tagged along with them.   :)  Ever since I was a little girl, I've really enjoyed going to auctions, although this one was muddier than any other I've ever attended!
 
 There was a chilly breeze blowing, so almost every man there was dressed in coveralls or bibs with a Carhartt jacket.  Then, they either had brown work boots, cowboy boots, or mud boots on, so almost everybody looked alike and it was hard for me to find my fellas when I came back from warming up in the pickup (one time I took a quick nap too as I was just too tired)...
 My dad purchased a semi-trailer at a good price, so that was interesting!
The most exciting part for me though was buying a SKID-STEER!  :)   God blessed me with a GREAT bargain (we looked it up on-line afterwards and saw that I paid about half the price they usually sell for with the amount of hours that this one has)!!  It's a 2010 Bobcat and I was able to also buy 4 new tires for it.  I'm sure we'll find many more uses for this machine than just cleaning out barns....  :)
 Andrew drove it on his trailer for me...
 ...but I had to sit in it to see how it felt.  I'm actually looking forward to learning how to operate this machine, as I've heard they're fun to drive!!! 

Andrew sold a computer to a guy who came to the auction to meet up with him.  Jacob was looking to bid on a 4-wheeler, but they all were too pricy!  It was nice to see a couple of friends at the sale...

When we got home, there were several calves to get in the barns and we had to feed one some colostrum to get it going.  Mom and I milked Sally tonight and she's giving several gallons of milk now!! 

My blog will be silent for a couple of days, as I (and 2 of my family members) will be going up to Minot to be delegates at the ND GOP convention.  We'll be staying overnight with the H. family.

May the Lord bless you all with a wonderful weekend!  Please pray for all to go well here at home for the 2 that are staying here to take care of all the animals.  It will be a big job!

1 comment:

  1. Auctions are FUN! I love going with my Dad and brothers too!
    That is really neat that you bought a skid steer! They are fun to run...once you get the hang of it! My Dad insisted that my brother and I learn so we have :)
    Have a good time at the GOP convention....will be keeping ya'll in my prayers!
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.