Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The lost has been found!

So far, we have had just 1 red calf.  It was born a few days ago, but has been slow to get going.  This morning, Little Red was out bouncing around the pasture, enjoying the sunshine (as were the rest of us---enjoying I mean, not bouncing)!  Shortly after noon, I noticed that her mama was wondering around the pasture in search of her, bellering as she went.  I drove the 4-wheeler around for at least an hour in search of the baby, but she was nowhere to be seen.  I prayed for God to help me find her.....   After taking a break from searching and doing some other work, I resumed the search, even going so far as to drive down the road looking out into the fields for her and climbing up on a stack of hay-bales to get a view from higher up.  Still, I did not see her.  After supper, my family joined in the search and it was my dad who at last found her!!!!!!!!!   Where was she?  Under an evergreen, fast asleep.  My dad carried Little Red to her waiting mama and everybody was happy once more.  Praise God for answered prayer!

We had ONE calf be born today.  :)  Funny how that works---9 one day, 2 during the night, and 1 the following day.

The GRAIN CLEANING SEASON has begun!!!  Andrew went out with his portable rig today.  My dad is going out tomorrow too.

Do you remember when I asked for prayer for the young man who had a bad fall in the oil-fields and was in a coma for a few days?  I just wanted to share with you the good news that he was released from the hospital today and was able to go home with his family!  :)  He is so very much improved and his family said they're so very grateful to everybody who has been praying!! 

Another answer to prayer is that my friend (who was in the accident with the train) is also much improved and is up and around with her crutches!

God is good---all the time!  (That song was going through my head again today...)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that was a neat thing that happened with the calf! I am glad ya found it! My chickens so enjoy evergreens too and I always seem to miss a few when I close them in at night. But it reminded me of when that is illustrated in the Bible. With Jesus as the good shepherd who leaves the 99 in search of the one I believe!
    Glad to know God has heard our prayers for those who were going through a rough time! Your right! God is so Good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.