Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Workin' outside!

The sun was shining and the wind hand a tinge of warmth to it.  My dad, brothers and I spent most of the day outside while my mom kept things going in the house (baking bread and doing laundry----even hanging it out on the line!). 
 
The 4 of us spent at least an hour catching and tagging calves, as we'd gotten behind quite a bit in the blizzard and then being gone at the sale and the convention...  After having 9 new calves today (Yay!), we have a grand total of 40 live, healthy calves, sporting shiny new ear-tags. 
 Praise be to the Lord for all the new life on the farm!!! 
 
As promised last night, here is a picture of what my dad so thoughtfully gave me!  :)
 
It matches my "new" Bobcat so well!  :)
 

My dad showed me how to fuel this machine and where to check the oil, then gave me a job cleaning up the old corn-pile.   It was a good place to learn how to drive this, as there was plenty of room to move around...  :)

Here is a picture of 2 of my cows and their calves out in the big part of the pasture here at the farm.  The calf on the left was one that my dad and I pulled this afternoon---right there in the pasture.  :)
I hope and pray that you all are enjoying this taste of Spring-weather as much as we are! 

3 comments:

  1. OH, BOY!!!!!!! Yummy bread and hanging clothes out on the line?!?!?!?!?! I am going to try NOT to be jealous about that, HAHA, I love to hang clothes outside!!!!! :)
    Yes, what a cool and thoughtful gift that your Dad gave ya! It looks good on you too!!!!!!!!! Did you enjoy learning to operate it? Soooooo happy about the calves!!!
    Blessings,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing you in a whole new light, Cora. You truly are a farm girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Emmy----it is so wonderful to be able to hang clothes out on the line again!!! (and to smell fresh bread baking!) And yes, I did enjoy getting more comfortable with driving my "rig". :)

    Thanks for the comment, "Anonymous". :) I truly do enjoy the farm life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.