Thursday, April 10, 2014

Neighbors and roses...

 
The morning was spent on animal checking and care.  Dad and Andrew were gone grain-cleaning most of the day.
 
At 2:00, I went over to babysit the neighbor children for 4 hours.  :)  I hadn't seen them in a long time, so it was fun to spend time together again. 
 
The twins, James and Michael...  I remember babysitting them when they were babies!
 Now they're old enough to ride bikes without training wheels!
 I brought them over to our farm for a while, as they love seeing the animals and playing on the swings...
...and the trampoline.  (Thanks, Jacob, for getting this picture of the 4 of us!) 
 They enjoyed checking for eggs and playing with Sally's calf...
 I took them back to their house when their dad was expected to arrive home from work.  Amelia snapped this picture of Michael and I...
 After supper, I went out to check cows on the 4-wheeler. 
This cow of mine had a beautiful red baby today!  :)
 This calf of Andrew's was born early this morning and I had to tube-feed him some colostrum as he wasn't getting up.  Tonight, he drank from the bottle.  We may have to get him in a pen with his mother after he's up and about, as she doesn't seem to be too attentive to him.  Thankfully, he can stand now finally.
I received a beautiful surprise in the mail this morning!!!!   A friend sent me a dozen roses---just because.  :)  They smell so wonderful! 
Now I need to go help get a cow in and pull the calf, as the guys think it's backwards......... 
God be with you-----and all of us! 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you and your "neighbor's" had a lovely time together! Oh and by the way....I LOVE trampolines!!!! :)
    I love little boys even more!!!!!
    That's a really neat picture of you and Michael as well!
    So good to hear about your calves! I hope the one you went to pull is doing much better and healthy!
    Roses....how pretty and so thoughtful of your friend!
    Love in Christ,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did! Thanks for the comment again, Emmy! I love hearing from you...and I'd love bouncing on the trampoline with you some day if/when the Lord wills for a visit our way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.