Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Motherless...

Today, after the noon meal, my mom packed her bags and headed south to be with her dad.  She said he recognized her, so I'm so glad for that.  She plans to stay for a while, perhaps until he passes on.  They're letting her stay in a recliner at the nursing home, so please pray that she's able to get some rest now.  Grandpa is resting too, thankfully. 



Meanwhile, things are very busy on the farm now.  The guys got the Ford pickup fixed so we can once again have something for chasing/checking cows besides the 4-wheeler.  Dad and Andrew will be gone cleaning again in full swing tomorrow.  Jacob will need to watch the cows while I babysit.  I worked on planting the greenhouse today (after my brothers got the tiller going for me after it's long winter break).  It felt so good to dig in the dirt once again!!!!  I think I have spring fever...

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for your Mother! And your Grandpa too, of course! ;) I hope all goes well!
    Don't get the Ford stuck while chasing cattle! :) Its quite muddy around here from the blessing of rain.
    Haha, yes, after a long summer, dirt feels and smells good! :>
    I am VERY excited to get planting in our garden!!!!
    You spread the spring fever to me...... :>
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Cora. I can remember Chris S saying 8 years ago, "I cannot stand the thought of another motherless family!" I am so glad that it never happened but your post title caught me by surprise. THANK YOU over and over for all that you do around here! I am confident that, whether I'm here or not, things will proceed smoothly thanks to YOUR loving touch!!! God bless you richly, my dear, dear, dear, dear, dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.