Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Blizzard again...

This one is not "Supposed" to be quite as severe as the blizzard two days ago, with just a couple inches of snow.  It's coming down pretty thick out of the sky currently and the wind is blowing strongly.  It's actually really pretty looking as the snowflakes are HUGE!  :)

Shortly after I got home from babysitting this evening, we all bundled up and went out to get 2 new calves and their mothers in the north pole barn with the other mothers and babies.  They seem to be doing alright.  PTL!  We'll be doing several night checks tonight. 

Andrew's milk cow, Sally CALVED yesterday!  :)  She had a good sized black bull calf.  Once again, she went down with milk fever (that was today), but the guys gave her some calcium and she is now up and about again.  Hooray!!  She was really bad off with it last year, so it was good that Andrew caught it so early this time! 

Other than that, things are "normal" here.  Thankfully, my mom made it home safely last night! 

I'm going babysitting again in the morning, so I'd best get some rest now---after I set my alarm for 4:30am.....

God bless (and please keep all the ranchers and their cattle in your prayers on nights like these)!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the snow was very pretty falling down in those huge snowflakes! I was watching them against a black sky last night and that was just breathtaking! God is such a creative God.....just think, NONE of those many(millions/billions) of snowflakes that fall are the same, each one is different! That's Cool! :)
    Praying for you always.....Emmy
    P.s. get some good sleep :>

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.