Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Taking Jacob's Senior pictures...

Today was a full day of babysitting for me.  I got to see Paula at the end of the day.  :) 

One of my back tires on my car went flat---must have hit something on the way over to work?  Anyway, Zach was so nice and fixed it for me!!  I'm so glad to have such nice people in my life! 

My dad and Andrew put in long days of grain-cleaning again.  It was pretty miserable in this wind, but thankfully it was somewhat warm anyway.

Mom and Jacob took care of all the animals (which is no small chore these days). 

As this post implies, I took Jacob's Senior photos yesterday, with my mom being my helper.  :)   It was REALLY hard to chose which our favorites were------and I'm not posting most of those here at this time, as they will probably be sent out with invitations and should be a surprise until that time...

I will share some of the fun though!   Enjoy~

Smile, Millie!
 My assistant (she carried the extra clothes/jacket and tripod)...
 Jacob with his new bike (the one Andrew brought back from MN)...
 He looks so much like Andrew in this photo!
 Sleeping cowboy???
 Getting down from the bales that we took some fun (photo) shots from...
 We were out checking cows somewhere in the middle of all of that...
 One of my calves was cooling off in some water...
 On rock hill...
 This one was completely for fun.  When we looked at all of those rocks, we thought of the Bible story of Jacob sleeping that night on the ground with a rock for his pillow...  Our Jacob said it wasn't even all that uncomfortable!

 In an OLD car, or parts of a car rather!
 In the willow...
 Another rock!
 I should have had the longer-zooming lens for this shot, but I think it still looks neat... 
 Jacob and his favorite teacher...  ;)
 My mom took Jacob to Napoleon for this picture.  He really is "into" tanks and studying WW2, so that is the reason for this photo.  The jacket he's wearing belonged to my uncle when he was at war...
 
That's all for the time being. 
It is amazing to me how "big" my "little" brother is now and all that he can do!  He has quite the way with words too and often makes us all smile with his humor. 
 
May God bless Jacob richly, and may my brother grow in God's ways each day!  Amen~ 

3 comments:

  1. Cora!
    Oh, what a joy! Those pictures look like they were taken with such love! I loved the one of your Mom on the four-wheeler! :)
    Haha, and then the one of Jacob using a rock for a pillow was really unique! :) My favorite one though is the first, Jacob and Millie (your dog I am assuming) in front of your big 'ole Case, three doolie tractor! Loved it! Great pictures Cora!
    Joyously,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are very nice! We got our invitation today and the ones you sent were really nice as well! It would be so nice to head out there but we'll have to see how things go between now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, Emmy and K. family! :) We'd LOVE if any/all of you could come!!!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.