Wednesday, July 2, 2014

EGG CARTONS!!! :)

We ran out of egg cartons this week.  I'd asked friends on Facebook if anybody nearby had some available.  What a wonderful number of responses I received!
 
Just today, in fact, I was babysitting "My" girls and decided to bring them over here for the day so I could get a little work done while watching them too.  When we got to my house, there was a package with my name on it from a dear friend of mine in MN.  The girls helped me open it and they were almost as happy as I to see EGG CARTONS inside!!!! 
 
 The girls really enjoy gathering eggs,
so they each took an egg carton and we headed for the chicken barn...
We found 6.
 I finished weeding the other half of the front flower bed that my mom had started weeding last night.  The girls were washing off the deck for me and got very soaking wet, so it was a good thing their mama had spare clothes tucked away in their bag!  I'd just got them changed into dry things and was making lunch when my mom said she'd have story time with the girls.  They look pretty cozy, wouldn't you say?  :)  The girls are at the age where they really love hearing stories!
 Oh, and we built this robot...
 ...and played on the swings for a long time...
While they were napping, I had time to mix up some bread dough. 
 
After supper, I took the girls back home and Paula gave me---a large egg carton.  :)
 
Then, I headed over to Lauretta's, as her sister said she could give me----guess....
 
Yes, EGG CARTONS! 
 
So, I'm feeling very blessed in the carton department tonight!
 
This evening, my mom started the big job of mowing the lawn.  Jacob fired up the weed-whacker for me so I could go around flower beds and trees and things. 
 
My dad was busy spraying today as it was calm.  He, um, got stuck a couple times, so he drove a tractor over there and my mom went over and pulled him out.
 
Andrew left this morning to go help Farmer Dave with haying.  He should be home tomorrow night.
 
Jacob left this morning to help Farmer Kyle with farm work.  He got home in time to help my mom with evening chores.
 
Life is very busy on our farm---and on other people's farms!
 
I'm so grateful for God's protecting us all...


1 comment:

  1. WOW....what a blessing to get so many egg cartons exactly when you needed them!
    It always AMAZAING, EXCITING and SURPRISING to watch and see how the Lord will work things out in His time for our benefit!!!!
    "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits..." Psalms 103:2
    "Your" girls are the cutest I have seen I do believe!!!! That picture of your girls and your Mom on the couch is absolutely ADOREABLE!!!!!
    And you look quite stunning in your modest outfit while pushing "your" girls on the swings!! :-)
    Counting my blessings ;) Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.