Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Wanna see something gross??

 
This is what the bottom of our swimming pool looked like this morning:
 
 Before we bought the salt-filter, we weren't sure what we were doing and the water started getting icky (think green slime).  Once we added the salt and the special filter, the water cleared up, but the remains of the slime sunk to the bottom of the pool.  I bought the "pool vacuum" in the picture below and that, combined with a couple hours of my pushing it around and washing and rewashing and rerewashing the filters out....
 ...made a huge difference and the pool is looking much more blue and beautiful once more!
 
Now we just need a nice, hot, sunny day!
 Jacob was raking ditches last night and this morning
and my dad baled them this afternoon and evening. 
 Andrew spent some of his hard-earned money on something FUN (or, at least, he says it will be fun)!  This is a 3-player chess board---and he also bought a 4 player board!!!
 
My lilies are blooming!  :)
 
Oh, and my dad, Jacob and I had quite the adventure chasing the old bull back in when he walked out an open gate this morning and headed for the pasture at a trot!!  Jacob's boss, Kyle was driving by at that moment, so he tried to help us for a while too.  We eventually got Mr. Rebellious back by having one pickup on either side of him and Jacob right behind him with the 4-wheeler.  Silly old bull!
 
 
My mom and Jacob are in Bismarck right now.  Jacob needed to see the chiropractor again and then they were going to a friends' meeting tonight about a health product (it comes from Algae---you know, green slimy stuff....).  :)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I saw this quote and it reminds me of a song I heard a friend sing once...
 
 
God is with us!


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.....that does look a tad bit on the side of EWW...esp. if your the one swimming in that! ;)
    Haha! Glad you got it looking bright and blue again! I shall pray that ya'll get a hot sunny day! Baling busyness around here too! Lots of people baling the grass on the sides of ditches while others just burning it all off. YIKES! That chess board looks a tad bit complicated! I remember playing chess all the time! And my Uncle even sent us a real glass set, but I am more afraid of breaking one of the pieces then playing the game itself! :) Our lilies are blooming too! And yours look quite stunning in their silent place at your table. Breathtakingly, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.