Monday, July 14, 2014

The "Girls" get-together in SD~

Wow---what a great weekend it was!!!
 
Miranda and her sister, Morgan stopped by to pick up Lauretta and I on Friday, and we headed down to the T. family's farm in SD (somewhat near Aberdeen).
 
We were the first ones there, but it wasn't long before other young ladies started arriving.
 
It was very warm outside, so after setting up a tent,
we had Bible study/discussion/singing time downstairs.
Later, we played volleyball and ate smores around a fire.  :)
There was visiting late into the evening (imagine that!). 
Lauretta and I slept in the T's camper with Anna & Clara U. 
I DID remember to take some pictures...
 
Volleyball Friday evening:
 

The T's farm (their uncle lives in one of the houses)...
We played until we got thirsty, and by then, the mosquitoes were starting to bite.
Gwen and Krystal practicing...
There aren't many silos around here, so it was neat to see one on their farm...
Left to right:  Lauretta, Morgan, Miranda, Hannah, and Anna (over by the tree)...
Shawna T. and her brother, Dawson set up their tent later in the day...
The campfire area...
In the basement....looking at Shawna's amazing drawings...
Outside again...
Inside again... (that's Lauretta)
Saturday morning, the T's grandmother "Grammy Eva" came over and shared some Biblical wisdom that she's learned over the years.  I'm sad to not have a picture of her, as that was one of my favorite parts of the whole weekend!  After eating brunch, we all packed into 2 vans and went over to the C. family's place to help them for a few hours with a pretty thorough deep-cleaning of their house.  I was washing windows and glass doors almost the whole time (inside and out) with a couple other girls.  It's amazing what can be accomplished with so many people working together!  :)  I left my camera at "home", but others got pictures there, so I might get them someday to share here, maybe.
 
When we got back to the T's, it took a couple hours to get everyone through the shower and ready (hair/makeup/jewelry/pretty dresses....) for our special dress-up night.  :)  That was fun!
 
 
Getting ready...

Anna and Gwen...
 
Jordan B. braiding Lauretta L's hair (and Lauretta braided Jordans' hair)...
Anna doing Miranda's hair...
The tables were covered with lace; the candles were lit; and we all enjoyed a feast!
"Smile, ladies!!!"
We went outside then to take group pictures before it got too dark...
I don't have any pictures of all of us together (Hannah did get some though, so hopefully someday I can share those with you all too).  :)
 
We took smaller group pictures next, attempting to put girls together in groups according to what color their dresses were.  Hmmmmm....
Sierra and Krista T...  :)
Going for a walk...
L to R: Jordan, Gwen, Morgan, Kennedy, Maria, Anna, & Shawna...
L to R:  Lauretta, Miranda, Krista, Clara, and Lydia K...  ( a very candid shot!)
Hannah K. (Glory and Grace blog on my sidebar) was our photographer and organizer...
"Hmmmm, how should we do this?"  (Hannah is in the brown dress.)
"Should we take more pictures, or get to the line-dancing?"
Wellllll....
(Yes, we decided to take more pictures.)
The lovely redish/pinkish group:
L to R:  Krystal, Lauretta, Miranda, Krista, Lydia K. and Clara...
Waiting for instructions?
Lydia U., Sierra, and Jordan...
Again...
L to R: Kennedy, Gwen, Maria, and Morgan...
Another of these lovely ladies...
L to R: Hannah, Cora (me), Anna, and Shawna...
:)
I feel SO blessed to have such great, Godly, FUN friends!!! :)
Sisters---Morgan and Miranda G...
?
:)
Sisters--Sierra, Shawna, and Krista T...
Such happy girls!
So sweet!!
One of my dearest friends---you know who she is by now, I'm sure.
 

And another of my dearest (and oldest---meaning we've been friends since we were very young) friends, Miranda and I.  :)
Then....it was time for dancing!  
We did the Virginia Reel several times (no pictures, because I was in it).  Then, some of the girls taught us "Ships cook" from "Emma".  I took a few pictures, before joining in.
It was lots of fun!
 That evening, we played games inside and visited, then watched a video 2 of the young ladies had put together, and visited some more....  We didn't get much sleep over the weekend, but we sure had a grand time.  :)
Sunday morning, after brunch, we had Bible study and singing time again.  Then played some more games before packing up; saying our goodbyes; and heading for our homes.
 
 
Miranda dropped us off at my house (about 8:00pm) and, after Lauretta and I had supper with my parents and talked for over an hour, I took Lauretta home. 
 
What a wonderful weekend it was!
 
Thank you again to my family for covering for me at home
so I could get away and come back feeling refreshed and tired.  :)
 
  

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Looks like a great weekend spent with the gals! Thanks for posting and I LOVE all the pictures! ;) God Bless, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.