Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What a pleasant day!

After my morning devotions and the usual morning chores, we sorted off 5 of the bulls and loaded them on the large stock-trailer before I left for babysitting.  The others got 3 of the other bulls loaded in the next batch, but 1 got kind of wild and started jumping gates, so they had to leave him here to settle down for a couple days. 
 
I got Johanna and Tracy Jo ready and packed a picnic lunch; their dad helped me buckle them in their vehicle; then we headed to Napoleon for their swimming lessons.  Johanna still didn't like the water very well and Tracy still loved it and was fearless (even jumped off the diving board when it was time for that!).  It's funny how two sisters can be so different!
 
After lessons and our picnic, the girls played at the playground for a while, then we bought some Popsicles and bananas at the grocery store and headed for their home.  They were both sleeping soundly by the time we got there, so I carefully carried them to their beds and they slept a while longer this time. 
 
When Paula got home after supper, we talked a little bit (I hadn't seen her for quite a while!), then I headed over to visit Lauretta.  We ended up in the garden and pulled nearly a ton of weeds (ok, that's a slight exaggeration, but we were out there for quite some time) while visiting.  When it got too dark to see what was weeds and what was plants, we washed our feet off; put our shoes on; and went for a nice long walk down the dirt road in the cool evening breeze.   
 
Then, I drove home and said good night to my dad who was just heading for bed, and now I'm quickly writing about this day before dozing off for a refreshing nights rest.  :)  
 
Once again, I'm just feeling so blessed with the people that God has put in my life!!!

1 comment:

  1. You really DO have a wonderful life, don't you? That makes me so happy to think on it like that! Have a wonderful day today!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.