Wednesday, July 16, 2014

More pool pictures---and some new babies!!

Today, I spent the day with "My" girls in an unusual (but interesting) way...
 
I took them to swimming lessons (their first ever) in Napoleon.  :)
 
 Tracy Jo loved it (I'm sure you can tell by that grin!),
 and Johanna got in the water, but wasn't so sure about everything. 
I'm guessing she'll be a lot more comfortable in the water by the time lessons are finished!
 
After getting dried off, the girls played with their friends
 (children of a neighbor who also babysits the girls) at the park...
 
 Then we had a picnic... 
 (And no, those fruit snacks were not even touched.  They were in the lunch-container
and Johanna emptied the entire contents to see what we all had available to eat.)  :)
 Ella S. found a little robin and the children built a nest for it in a nearby tree...
 I took the girls home for their (late) naps, then their grandparents came, so it was nice to visit with "Grandma Patti" for a few minutes, as I don't get to see her very often.
 
Meanwhile, back at the farm, thanks to Andrew (who went to Mandan today),
 our barn now is home to 3 new bottle calves!!!   (The old batch is NOT very happy tonight!)
 Aren't these red heifers adorable???   I tried getting a good picture of the black heifer, but she is quite shy for the time being and tried crawling out of her pen when I was near, so I let her be.
 
That's my news of the day.  I'm sure my family would have more to add, as I know Dad and Jacob were cutting ditches over by Hazelton and that my mom was mowing lawn.....................................
but,
those are their stories to tell, if they so desire.  :)
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, that swimming looks like a blast! And "your" girls look so fun and happy! Mmm...got me hungry just looking at the "picnic"! YUM!
    And those red calves look just like the two I bottle feed!
    Happily, Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow unique each little personality is, and how fun it is to watch them grow and develop into their own person. THANK YOU for having a positive impact on our lives Cora.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.