Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Picture update from the past few days...and Appleseed info!

On Sunday, my dad, Jacob, and I at the last minute decided to go watch the demolition derby in Linton.  (Andrew was baling for farmer Dave and my mom didn't want to sit out in the sun that long.)We've done this several other years, so it's kind of tradition to go.  :) 
 
These orange and green cars lasted pretty long...
 
 The guys were smart and wore hats!  I put sun screen on and still got sunburnt.
 What a DISASTER!!
 On the way back home, we stopped to look at one of our wheat fields.
 
 It's really shooting up now...
 ...and is starting to head out!
 My dad---outstanding in his field!
 
 Jacob bought us ice cream on the way home.  Yummy!  :)
 
Later that evening, I went with my dad to check the cows...
 I love the untouched-prairie-wilderness feeling one gets up there!
 Purple cone flowers... (Echinacea)
 My dad fixed a spot in the fence which a deer may have broken, as the cows were still in...
 The trail to the pasture...
 Yesterday morning, my dad used the Bobcat to push around a lot of gravel/dirt
to fill in some ruts in the driveway.
 Andrew bought this...
 ...to put up here so he can have Internet service up at his place too.  :)
 
 
 Dad and Mom....visiting about, well, something or other.
 The flowers in the front flower bed have really been doing well lately with all of the rainshowers that have come our way!
 
 This morning, my dad ground/unloaded some oats into the little bin by the barn.
And those, my friends, were the highlights of the last few days.
 
This afternoon, my mom and I decided to get some exercise and went for a swim in our pool.  :)  It was lots of fun, but yes, also was very good exercise!  After taking a shower, I went out to the garden and got dirty again, weeding the onion rows. 
 
Once again, God has kept us safe through a busy day.  Hooray! 
Farmlife is great, but it can be very dangerous...(just in case you wondered).
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As a side note, for anybody interested:
 

There is a Project Appleseed shoot coming up in just a couple of weeks!! This time, it will be at the Jamestown (ND) range. Reserve your spot on the range today at the link below... 

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=ND&statename=North Dakota

Hope to see you there!



1 comment:

  1. Okay....now back to catch up where I left off! ;) I just love your beautiful pictures! The prairie pictures are my favorite and the one of your parents talking while your Mom is hanging clothes on the line is sooo special!!! Love it! Yep, I am tryin' my best to keep the word about Appleseed shoots and the program itself all about...Hehe, I wear my Project Appleseed shirt ALOT! ;) Excited Emmy!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.