Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pectin and jam~

 
The wind storm last night blew down a lot of sour green apples, so my  mom and I cut them up; cooked them down; and I'm still working on straining the juice from the 2nd batch and boiling that down into pectin to later be used in homemade jams...
 While the apples were cooking, I picked all the raspberries that were ripe...
 ...then turned them into jam, using a "new" recipe we got years ago from a friend
(it uses epsom salt---of all things--- and is very easy to make)! 
It passed the guys' taste-testing too.  ;)
Our menfolk were busy working in the shop today, as it was too wet to hay
(we're grateful for the bit of rain!!).  They loaded up a load of scrap-metal again and my dad took that to Bismarck.  My brothers worked on Jacob's Rover to get it in selling condition, as Jacob placed an ad on Bismanonline this morning for it and has already had some interest.
 
My mom and I went for a swim this afternoon (for exercise, of course)!  ;)
 
It's been a nice, normal, peaceful day. 
I remember reading once where someone (can't remember who) said,
 
"Thank God for normal days.  There are very few of them."
 
So, I am.
 


1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to that comment! Thank God for normal days.
    There are TOO few of them. : ) And I so love the simple, busy-at-home days. ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.