Monday, July 21, 2014

Lilies....a fire...and a storm!

"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?"
               ~Luke 12:27-28
 
 
 
 
 
 
 (Not-lilies)
 
 
 
 Oops....these aren't lilies either, but, they're cheerful looking!
 
My brothers were over by Hazelton baling most of the day.  Andrew's baler was tying twine on a bale when he smelled smoke.  He dumped the bale out and got out to look.  Sure enough, there were flames in the baler (he said they were "just" 8" tall), as a bearing went out and got VERY hot.  Thankfully, my brothers were able to get the fire out quickly!!
 
My parents went to Bismarck this morning.  My dad had to get his back put back in place again.
 
I made a big ol' kettle of rhubarb sauce today to can for winter pancakes.  :)
 
Towards evening, the sky started getting very dark, so Mom and I found places in sheds/quonset/garage for most of the vehicles.  Andrew came home then and helped me finish getting things inside and tied down (we chained down the trampoline so it wouldn't crash into the house like our other one did during another storm similar to this a couple years back).  Very rarely does the front of our house look so car-less, so I thought I'd get a picture quick: 
 The sky was pretty amazing looking!
 My brother and I were down putting the Bobcat in the pole barn when the sky looked like this
 and we figured we better head for the house.
 This one blurred, as I was moving...
 We ran in the house just as the wind was really coming up: 
(The swings are tied back, or they'd be flying high!!)
Thankfully, there was no hail and we did get rain---PTL!  AND, God kept us all safe today!
 


1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend! :) While I'm online today I thought I'd stop by and see what you've been up to. Oh my goodness, are your summer flowers ever lovely! :D I've been pondering this summer how over how many beautiful summer flowers there are to keep us company during the hot months of the year. *bliss* I'm glad your brothers were able to put the fire out - yikes! And that y'all were safe during this storm. We haven't had too many big storms this year like we did last year, but it sure has been humid (and it's not even August yet).

    I have been working on a reply email to you and hope to get that sent off to you soon - maybe today if you're lucky. ;)
    Love and many blessings to you!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.