Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A lot of bull...

While I was gone babysitting today, my dad went to Linton to pick up all of the ground beef (the bull).  There was a LOT of it and he had quite a task ahead of him to get it all packed into the freezers!  Paula got off of work early today and, consequently, returned home sooner and I thought I'd be in time to help my dad fill the freezers, but he was just finishing when I returned home.  There was not room in the freezer for the homemade ice cream though, so we put that in one of the coolers and ate a good portion of it for supper.  :)     It will be SO nice to have hamburger to cook with again!!!! 

My dad also had to take out a giant turkey we had in the freezer (a homegrown one--about 30 lbs), so I will have fun cooking that all day tomorrow, if it even fits in the oven. 

We both talked to my mom just a little while ago and she said they've been having a wonderful time.  They plan to be home around 8:00pm tomorrow.  I hope the turkey's done by then......

1 comment:

  1. We've been without hamburger for a little while now and I felt so guilty when I bought some! We aren't quite ready to butcher but Isaac got a deer with his bow so we ground that up and some of his bear meat. We always have to clean out the freezers and eat stuff quickly too when we do a cow!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.