Tuesday, December 17, 2013

~Mary's heart~


by Monica Miller

I read and liked this poem a long time ago and just came across it again recently while doing some cleaning, so thought I'd share it with all of you.



It's a Martha's world, dear Father,
With Martha's work to do,
But give me Mary's heart, Lord,
That longs to sit with you.

To sit in silence, listening
With strengthened mind and will,
For tallest cares grow smaller
Sometimes by keeping still.

By keeping still within, Lord,
And gathering from Your strength,
For Mary's soul grows faint,
As does Martha's heart at length.

Help me to do with patience
What Martha's hands must do,
But give me Mary's heart, Lord,
That draws its strength from You!

I was over babysitting this afternoon and, while the girls were napping, the power went out for about 40 minutes.  The house was SO quiet without the buzzing and humming of everything electrical.  It was a good time to just stop and pray----yes, to have some "Mary time" with God!  I, for one, am guilty of leaning towards the Martha side of womanhood, I know.  As in all things, balance is best...  :)

Later in the afternoon, once the power was back on and the girls were up, we went outside and played in the snow.  It was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.