Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Out with the old, in with the new!

This morning when we'd finished our regular barn chores, Andrew and I let his cow and calf (Werner the 2nd) out of the barn and in with Sally.  Later, shortly before dark, all of us except my dad (who was gone trucking) got another of Andrew's cows in that same barn with her brand new calf.  YES---you read that correctly----another new calf!  
 
It was so lovely outside today that it truly felt like spring.   I drove down to Kintyre to mail a letter the mailman had accidentally dropped in the snow and the road had mud on it! 
 
Andrew (and Jacob, when he wasn't working on schoolwork) got the 4020 running and pulled out the grinder-mixer.  My brothers ground feed so they could get it off of the cream colored truck.  Once the truck was empty, they put the big water-tank on the truck bed.  The goal is to fill the tank with water across the road and then dump the water on the huge tarp we hope to soon get spread out down at the shooting range so we can have an ice-skating rink close by our home!!!!!  :)   
 
My mom and I cleaned the milk-room in the barn.  It was a huge mess, and we ended up loading up almost a full tractor-bucket load of garbage (how does it always build up?) and I took it out to the garbage hole.  
 
We will be getting company in a little over a week and then more company after that, so it's been a good motivator to tidy things up a bit again.  We should have friends over more often!  ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.