Monday, December 9, 2013

Strange cows on the farm tonight!

It was a rather usual day around the farm today (until this evening). 

My mom and Andrew went to Bismarck to buy farm supplies and my mom had clients to see.  They also bought some new winter boots for those of us who were in need of those important items!  Yay for warm feet!!

My dad worked in the shop all afternoon, doing some rewiring so they can have light in the back half of the shop and an outlet too.

Jacob helped me in the house with certain projects (he mounted my new blinds in my room---hooray!). 

This evening, my dad was out feeding the cows when a semi stopped on the road a little ways from our farm.  Dad went to see what was wrong and found out that two of the cattle-trailer tires had blown.  They had the guy back up and drive over by the shop to see what could be done about changing tires around.  They ended up unloading the man's cows in a pen here and moving some tires around so that the guy could get back home to get some replacements.  He'll be back for his cows tomorrow.  :)  With even more mouths to water tonight, the hose is still outside (I just moved it from our cow's tank to the new cow's tank), and my dad is going to stay up a while longer to bring the hose inside when the tank and the cows are full.

I received a phone call from a dear friend this evening.  I had been planning to go and visit her this weekend at her grandma's house, but she was calling to tell me that there was a fire in her grandma's house and it is now unlivable.  :(   Very thankfully, nobody was hurt!   Please pray for them as they try to decide what to do now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.