Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Snow "ice cream"...

"In November the snow starts to fly, piling up ankle high...."  ---from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

It SNOWED today!  When I went out to my little car after babysitting, it was partially buried under a few inches of fluff.  Thankfully, Zach had started the car for me so it was at least nice and warm inside! 

I gave the girls bowls of fresh snow for part of their snack today.  They LOVED it!   Tracy Jo said, "Mmmm, de-ish-us".  We had to refill their tiny bowls several times.  Then we played "Dress up" in the basement, and were in a train on the stairway, driving to visit their mama and their grandma....  Later, we were playing Jingle Bells on the piano and singing---in 3 different keys.  They have great imaginations and we have lots of fun times.  I'm so glad that God has allowed them to be a part of my life!

When I got home, my dad was feeding the cows, then brought the water-hose in as the cows are not drinking very much in this snowstorm and the tank was full already!  We're celebrating by washing everything in sight while we have water. 

Jacob is happy about the snow, as he was able to drive his snowmobile for the FIRST time ever today!!  It's the snowmobile that he bought last winter, worked on a lot and had all kinds of troubles with, so he worked on it more this summer, and now some more, and was finally able to go plow through the snow today! :)    (I'm glad you had fun, brother!) 

Tomorrow sounds like it could be quite a blizzard day, so I think we'll all stay home and bake some cookies or something.   Stay warm and safe, everybody! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.