Friday, June 27, 2014

Additions...to make life easier...

Working together to help the farm/ranch grow is an exciting thing!  :) 
 
My mom and I were busy cooking and cleaning all day.
 
Meanwhile, the guys were at the ORR consignment auction in Jamestown-----and they found some "Treasures", as we like to call them.
 
I'd asked Andrew to bid on a 4-wheeler for me if there was one there that he thought was a reasonable price and that was in good condition.   It's nice to be able to buy something to help with the cattle operation (thanks to great cattle prices this year)!   
 
Well, Andrew sent me a picture later in the day of what he bought for me to buy later, if I want to.... 
 
 Andrew bought a pile of 2x4s that he'll use to fix up his place
and my dad bought a rock-scooping bucket for the Bobcat....  That will come in really handy when we break up a bit of pasture here by the farm that is FULL of rocks!
 I turned the burner back on the stove(so the boiling potatoes wouldn't bubble over)
and went out to see the new "treasures".
 ...
 Andrew took me for a ride, then I drove it myself too.  I liked it quite well and, yes, I'll buy it from my brother now...  It happens to be the same age as my Bobcat, so it seems just right.  :)
  (Sorry it's not the best picture, but it's the best I have to share for the time being!)
 They loaded up the Bobcat and took it up to Andrew's place to unload the lumber there.
 It's great seeing how the guys work so well together!
 But wait!  I have more exciting news to tell!
 
Jacob bought something too!!!
 My dad drove it home though... 
 While it's not in the best condition and needs a really good cleaning job inside, Jacob got it for a very reasonable price (same price I'm paying for the 4-wheeler!)  He's planning for the future...  
 
Lady doesn't know what to think of all the new things on the farm!
 
So, that's our exciting news of the day. 
 
We feel so very blessed to live in the country----to live the life we live.  God's blessings are indeed without number!  He has seen us through so many hard times---physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, weather-wise..... 
He is so good!  We put our trust in HIM!
 
 Prosperity: "a successful, flourishing, or thriving condition."
We had a wonderful feast and are very happy to welcome in the Sabbath rest!!!
 
~May your weekend be blessed,
and may you prosper in all ways and may you have "hope and a future"!~
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice 4-wheeler and a Polaris too! Congratulations on your fun action purchase! Nice truck too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy...I LOVE auctions!!! All your "treasures" look neat! Its nice when ya find decent priced stuff! I am so excited for ya to get yourself a four-wheeler!!! I like the color too! :)
    What lovely quotes, all good things to remember and think on!
    lovin' the country life too, Emmy
    P.S. I think your Dad looks very nice in his Appleseed shirt!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!!

    Emmy, thanks for all of your faithful commenting. :) You're quite a gal! Oh, and yes, I like all our guys in Appleseed shirts!! ;) I think it's neat that you noticed that!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.