Monday, June 30, 2014

News---good and sad....

 
Today was a very busy day, what with my dad hauling grain; my mom and I cooking and baking for this weekend; my brothers and I doing some landscaping work outside in the rain; and my brothers cutting hay and digging out rocks up at Andrew's place...
 
We also heard some news...
 
First, we learned from my mom's brother that his step-son (age 29) got tired of his life and ended it. He was the father of two children.  :(
 
Then my dad told us that the sweet elderly lady who we bought this farm from almost 11 years ago passed away very recently too.  We really enjoyed her during the little time we had to get to know her before she moved away, and would keep in touch yearly when we sent out our newsletters.
 
Please join us in praying for the families of these two in their time of mourning!
 
There was good news too! 
 
Some friends of ours had a baby girl today!  YAY!!!!  :)  I can hardly wait to see and hold her!
 
AND-----there's some news I'd like to share with you that it's been hard not to tell for a while already.  :)  Johanna and Tracy Jo (the girls I regularily babysit) are going to be big sisters!!!!!  Zach and Paula are expecting a little BOY to arrive in early November.  :)  I'm SOOOOO excited!!  This is the picture Paula shared with everyone tonight and she said I could share it with you all too. 
Aren't they precious?
 
 
That little boy is going to be SO loved!!! 
 



1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear news about deaths! Esp. the one who killed himself! God bless the poor family! And I shall keep yours in my prayers too!
    And "your" girls" are really cute! How exciting! I LOVE little boys ;) Happily, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.