Wednesday, June 18, 2014

This 'n that...

On Monday, my dad and brothers went up to the pasture to fix the fence in a new cell and then moved the cows there.  They tagged a few calves that have been born in the big pasture.  This is one of them: 
 
My Liza and her cute little baby!  Liza was a bottle calf several years ago.
 
 Every year, we like to put some goldfish in our cattles' water tanks so they can keep the icky green algae stuff eaten down.  The fish do well and the water is much cleaner for the cows, so it's a win/win situation.  Sometimes, the fish make it through the winter months and we don't need to restock the tank, but last winter was just too cold....  It was my job to let all these little guys go last night.  :)
By this fall, they'll be at least triple this size, if not more.
 I was gone babysitting today again (yesterday too).  It started to rain shortly before I left at suppertime and I had to drive home very slowly so as not to slip off the road, as the rain began to literally POUR down from the sky.  3+ inches later, my dad and I drove down to the range to get a picture!  The water is almost touching the top of the bottom layer of bales in that low area!!  I'm so grateful for the rain----but especially that it came now and not 3 or 4 days ago when we were shooting in this very spot!!!!!
 
 
And so, for calves, and fish, and water....I'm very grateful tonight!
 
What are you thankful for?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.