Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Projects...

My mom and I have been busy in the garden the past couple of days. 
 I also hoed around the bushes in front of the house again. 
These flowers are tucked between the bushes and are looking so cute now!
 
 Yesterday, Jacob and I took apart that old wreck-of-a-deck wooden part that was covering the cement there.  It was falling apart and not even safe anymore. 
We now have some wood for future campfires!
 My mom has been reading about how swimming is some of the best exercise there is (especially for people with aching joints and things).  Sooooooo, we pooled our money and bought something big and blue!!!  :)  When Andrew and I returned home on Sunday, we were surprised to see it all assembled and filling!   After working in the garden all morning, I decided to take a swim.  It was a very quick swim though, as the water was still pretty freezing cold!
 I feel so behind with the garden this year, but it is really starting to grow now.  My mom and I got the last of the transplants out of the greenhouse tonight.  It's looking and sounding like God may water all the little plants tonight too!
My dad and Andrew have been doing some farming work (seeding and cultivating) for other farmers the past few days, and today, Jacob went back to work for the first time since the accident.  He made it there and back, safe and sound.   He was driving my trusty little car.  ;)
 
Well, it's been a very long and busy day and I feel thoroughly exhausted and ready for a good nights sleep while listening to the thunderstorm raging outside and smelling the scent of freshly baked bread coming from the kitchen. 
 
~May God keep us all in His perfect peace.~
 


2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks beautiful, Cora! I like the swimming pool. We haven't put ours up yet this year. I'm not sure we will. It hasn't been warm enough for us to go swimming (or to warm the water). But I'm sure it will get warmer soon. I woke in the night to the sound of thunder and then rain. It was a good melody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Cora...such nice pictures! Doesn't look like your behind at all!!!! It looks very green and lush, I am looking forward to the yummy veggies we will Lord willing soon get from ours :)
    And a pool too!!!! So neat...I hope it warms up some for ya'll to swim in it ;) Everything's lookin' GOOD! :) your gardening pal, Emmy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.