Monday, June 9, 2014

Busy days of Summer!

There is a song (I think it's sung by Roy Rogers!) that speaks of the lazy days of summer, relaxing in the shade......got no plans to make 'cause my plans all made.....got no work to do.....things like that.  Whoever wrote that song apparently didn't live on a farm?  Life is never dull here (for which I'm exceedingly grateful)!
 
Soooooo......
 
My dad did some spraying in the fields today.
 
My mom and Andrew went to Bismarck----for Appleseed supplies mainly, although my mom came home with 2 things she's long desired:  Her very own pistol!  AND her very own carpet-cleaner (we've been borrowing a friends up to this point).  :)
 
Jacob went to work for farmer J. and was putting up new fence all day there.
 
I babysat the girls until suppertime, then came home and worked in the garden 'til well past sunset.
 
OH, happy news!!  There are now just 7 spots left on our range for this weekend!  There are for sure 4 other people wanting to come too that aren't signed up, so maybe we'll get a full range after all!
 
 
You may all have seen this already, but just in case you haven't, I wanted to pass on this bit of gardening advice...

 
Good night friends!
 
~May the Lord bless and protect you.~
 
PS.  We had another 10 hundredths inch of rain!!!  Praise be to God in the Highest!


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes on really busy days someone will start singing the lazy days song you mentioned. No lazy days around here either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that is interesting! Nothing boring on a farm! But I like it that way! ;)
    Your garden looks just like ours! Are ya getting any food from it yet? Oh, and the gardening advice is pretty cute! I just LOVE cats and kittens!!! :) In Him, Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's neat that you all know that song too, Mrs. K! :) I know you are very busy folks too!!!

    Emmy, I enjoy all of your comments here and talking to you besides here and am greatly looking forward to spending the weekend together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Oh, and no, we're not eating anything from the garden yet. Soon we'll have lettuce from the greenhouse and I did eat 2 pea pods from some peas I have in there, but that's all. I'd hoped to get the garden planted before this, but better late than never. It looks like rain tonight and we're so excited!!

    God bless the K. & T. families! ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.