Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A little picture preview....

It was a very busy day on the farm once again!
 
My dad combined another couple semis full of wheat (after he and Jacob unloaded the wheat from yesterday).  Jacob was baling the straw all afternoon and came home covered in dirt, as he said he spent some time under the baler fixing things.  Andrew combined for a neighbor and just got home now.  My mom and I cut up more apples for sauce and baked 2 large pans of apple bars. We also cooked down 2 kettles of tomato sauce to freeze for the long winter months...and did the chores and worked outside on projects.
 
I had intended to do a lengthy post about camp, but I'm not up to that now, so these few pictures will have to suffice for the time being. 
 
"Jamming"...
 
Building a cardboard boat for the big race (all of those little ones, the ones I'm talking to in the picture, were on our team too, along with their folks and another couple from their church)...
 
 ...our boat (the one going down on the right) sunk pretty early on in the swamping.  :( 
 
Mom and a friend, enjoying the sunshine and companionship...
I won't be posting tomorrow night, as I'll be gone again.  The C. girls have invited my brothers and I to a young person's get together, as they have company from out east visiting and want their guests to meet their friends.  Sounds like we'll be hiking, camp-firing, and sleeping in tents. We'll come back early Friday morning so Andrew can get back to combining...and then we're getting company again that evening, so the house will need some cleaning and things like that.....so I'm not sure really when I'll get the camp post done, but someday, it will happen.  :)
 
God bless and keep us all on the straight and narrow,
  ~ Cora  

1 comment:

  1. Some neat pictures there! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a lovely time in God's GREAT outdoors! Looking VERY forward to seeing you!!!! God bless! Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.