Monday, September 29, 2014

Break downs...

 
 
The guys had troubles today with the corn chopping operation, and Dad had trouble at his grain cleaning job this morning too.  I guess we need days like this so we're all the more thankful when things work smoothly? If life were always peachy, we'd probably become very ungrateful beings.
 
It sounds like my mom had a good day.  She went up to Bismarck to see the chiropractor and do some other things, but mostly she went up today to spend some time with her brother, Rick (from Las Vegas) who is visiting ND for a little bit again. It sounds like they had a nice day together.
 
I baked bread and pizza crust; cooked up another kettle of tomato sauce; made 1 jar of pickled eggs (never tasted them before, so we'll see how we like them); and sliced up 4 pies worth of apples and put them and several spices/flour/sweetener in Ziploc bags in the freezer for making pies at some later date. At 4:00, I went over to the neighbors' to meet the bus and brought those 3 kiddos over here for the next 3 hours until their parents got home. They were very full of questions, as usual.
 
When I got home, Andrew and I did the barn chores, then I put the homemade pizza in the oven for the guys' very late supper. My mom had prepared a milk-shake yesterday and had it sitting in the back fridge.  I knew that Mom had put apples in it.  I saw a banana that needed to be used and thought that would taste good with an apple, so I peeled that quickly and tossed it in the Vita-mix container too, along with some ice cubes, and whipped it all up. When the guys tasted the shake, they asked what was in it because it tasted "Like a health food store"!!  :)  I'd forgotten that my mom also put some spices in when she added the apple, so the banana was a little much I guess.
 
It's amazing how early it's getting dark out now!  It won't be long before I'll need to carry a flashlight in my pocket again. 
 
Welcome, Autumn.  It looks like you're here to stay.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Well, we all gotta have some problems while we work! Helps us grow, teaches us to learn from mistakes, and shows how we will respond to adversities! Oh, man Cora......HOMEMADE PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you didn't invite me? Aww.... ;) I bet it tasted GREAT! The apples in a bag with spices for apple pies is a really neat idea! I'll have to try that one! Challenged, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.