Thursday, September 25, 2014

Busy Autumn days...

 
The guys spent all day chopping, hauling, and packing corn. They made some adjustments to their chopper this morning and said it worked tons better than yesterday.  PTL!
(And yes, Sally likes silage!!)
 
My mom worked on cleaning out the pool, (scrubbing the sides off) as I started draining it this afternoon.  It was a very hot day, so Mom said the water felt the warmest it has all Summer!  She did lots of other things too, of course, like laundry and cleaning the eggs for the delivery tomorrow...
 
I spent almost all day in the kitchen (except for when picking up the LAST of the apples from the trees here on the farm; picking 2 more boxes of tomatoes; reorganizing the pantry this morning; and helping Mom with evening chores) and my feet are definitely tired of standing tonight.  It's a good feeling to get food put away for winter, as well as making some tasty things for the guys for the here and now.  Here is most of what was accomplished (that's pumpkin bread and pumpkin bars...):
 
It's such a wonderful thing to have a garden.  I can't imagine not having one!!
 


1 comment:

  1. OH Cora!!!! I bet your an awesome sister and daughter to make all those goodies for the hard workin' fellas in your life! Busy, busy gal, I hope your feet slept nicely! ;) I LOVE canning and preserving too! Its a great feeling to know that ya'll will eat good food in the dead of winter! :) preserving happily, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.