Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Maybe it's still Summer?

 
It turned out to be a very warm and sunny day!
 
I had a long day of babysitting, as Zach and Paula asked me to come over earlier than usual.  The girls were very good today.  Here, Johanna was telling her puppy to jump, as it would be safe....
 The 3 of us went over to my neighbor's a little before 3:00 to be there when Amelia, James and Michael got off the bus again. We went for a walk/hop/skip/jump and did a lot of outdoor things.
 
 Michael and Tracy Jo....
 (Oh, maybe it is Fall?  Just look at those leaves on the ground.)
 
 When I got home, I helped my mom with the barn chores
 as the guys were busy turning part of the corn-field into this:
 
My dad is running the chopper and Jacob hauls the corn to the pile.  Andrew packs it down.
They make a great team!!!
 
This is the first year that my brothers have ever been a part of the whole silage making process,
but my dad used to make a lot of it back on the dairy farm when he was young,
so he knows what he's doing. 
 
 The guys bought this outfit at the ORR auction sale a few Fridays back, so they've been working on getting it in an operable state since then and it was neat to see it out WORKING tonight! (Mom and I hopped on a 4-wheeler to go get pictures, but it was pretty dark already, so they are all a bit blurry.)
 Jacob getting ready to dump the truck...
 Mmmmmmmm....smells almost good enough to eat!
 
Sally will be happy in the morning, as Mom and I filled a pail with silage just for her.  :)
I think our stock cows will also be pleasantly surprised this winter!
 

"Hooray for happy cows!!"

(I think I've been around little children too much today, as I'm starting to "talk" like them.)

 
 


1 comment:

  1. HEY!!!! You mean summer might just be around for a while yet???? I think it went by WAY to fast and now its already fall!! Oh, well....there is always next year the Lord be willing! ;)
    Neat equipment!!! What an interesting process the making of silage it!!! Your pictures were not blurry at all, very clear and detailed! ;) Picture happy, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.