Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Babysitting---double duty...

 
After spending the morning with "My girls" and having them take quick naps, we went over to our neighbor's place to be there when the other 3 of "My children" got off the bus.  I took a vote for if we should go to the Kintyre park or go to my house.  There were 4 votes to go to "Tora's house", as Johanna still calls it, SO, that's where we spent the rest of the afternoon.  After tiring them out a bit on the trampoline and the swings, we had a snack of fresh apple bars my mom made this morning. 
 
L to R: Tracy Jo, Amelia, Johanna, James & Michael (twins)
 
I first started babysitting for A, J & M when the twins were just a few weeks old, and for J & T since Tracy was about 4 months old, so it's been really fun to watch these little people grow up and change and learn and......
 Amelia really loves the little kitten (Gingersnap) that showed up at our place on Sunday!
 They're so bouncy!
 My mom asked for help picking up apples off the ground and some from the tree up at Andrew's place, so we had many helping hands with that job.  We showed them all his player piano when the work was done and they thought that was the neatest thing ever!
 
Tonight, I'm thankful for the blessing of having little children as a part of my life!  They know how to find joy in even the smallest things in life.
 


1 comment:

  1. Children are a blessing from the Lord! Looks like ya'll had a lovely time!!! :)
    Still swarming in the apples huh? ;) I HAVE to get that recipe for your apple bars, they sound delicious! Satisfied tonight, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.