Friday, September 26, 2014

The silage pile is growing!


 The guys rotate jobs from time to time in the field and at the pile. For a few hours this afternoon, I helped them too, as Andrew was gone.  He went to Bismarck to get parts for the other chopper and he also brought home the tin for his house roof!
 
 My dad ran the chopper in the very hot and noisy tractor cab...
 
 
I drove the truck back and forth...
 I got to work on my backing skills each time Dad had a full load to dump in the truck...
Jacob pushed the silage up and squished it down...
 That's one job I would NOT wish to do---would you? 
 It was a very warm day (to put it mildly). 
Lady thought this was the best way to spend the afternoon:
 
My mom and I cleaned the house, and she cooked supper.  I baked 2 large cakes and crumb-coated them so they stay moist for Sunday. We did the evening chores together again too... Sally really, REALLY likes the silage corn!
 
 
Here's wishing you all a wonderful weekend!!
~God bless you as you follow Him~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your faithful posting Cora....I sure appreciate hearing about how life is going for ya and your lovely family! :) Your quite the truck drivin' lady! Good for you! And yum cake sounds good right now! I am going to make chocolate zucchini muffins to freeze later on this evening...I LOVE to bake!!! And I am thankful for the time to do it! kitchen blessed, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.