Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Salutations!

Well hello again----to anybody who is reading this!
 
Family camp was GREAT again, and yet, it was nice to get home and get back to work again too.  I'll write a post (complete with pictures) about camp soon, but not tonight.  I got home about an hour ago from a full day of babysitting and I guess the girls tuckered me out, as I'm ready for some sleep!

Here's just a quick picture update on what has happened since we returned home yesterday afternoon. My parents mowed the lawn, but before that could be done....

Jacob and I picked up all of the apples under the 3 apple trees.
 
 We filled 12 boxes with good apples and several more with apples for the chickens. 
Want some apples?  We have plenty to share this year!
 Does anybody know what kind of an insect this creature is?  I found him floating on the swimming pool water when I started cleaning it yesterday.  He was still alive, but I don't think he flies.
I took the girls up to Andrew's house today to show them his player-piano (pianola?) and the organ. 
I didn't see before that the keys can light up and have the note letters (ABCDEFG) 
underneath each lit key.  Neat!
 
 Lady let the girls play with her today for the first time ever. 
 Millie looks like she's laughing at them or something? 
My dad started combining the wheat today!!  Jacob was busy helping him.  Andrew was combining for another farmer. August was so unusually wet that the harvest has been pushed back quite a ways.  Now all of the farmers are putting in long days when the sun is shining and, yes, are praying for that sun to shine!
(My mom took this picture last Friday when they took the combine over to the field.)
 
We're all getting very excited about the upcoming Project Appleseed Shoot in a little more than 1 week from now!  It's the last one of the year here in ND. 
There still is plenty of room on the line, so if you'd like to come join in the learning and fun,
you may learn more about this event and reserve your spot here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=ND&statename=North Dakota
 
And now, God be with you 'til we meet again----and after that too!  :)


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from ya! Hey...with all those apples, now you just need the board game Apples to Apples! Do you have it? Hmmmm.....don't know what that "bug" is. "Your" girls sure look surprised to see lit up piano keys! ;) Loving the John Deere combine there! Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.