Thursday, September 18, 2014

Food.

 
My mom and I spent a good part of the day in the kitchen.  Jacob and I also picked a bunch of green beans and broccoli in the garden for putting up for later enjoyment.
 
I mixed up some bread dough and used some of it to make a pizza crust and a bit more of it to make caramel rolls (and yes, baked some bread with it too).  The guys will be happy tonight when they get home from cleaning grain all day in the very strong wind....
 My mom wants to stay away from tomatoes in her diet now, so a friend shared a recipe for "No-mato sauce"---a sauce made out of carrots, celery, onions, and beets, and we made a triple batch. 
Hope it's good!
We are really enjoying these last beautiful days of Summer!
I hope you are too... 
I'm so glad the Lord made different seasons, as life would be dull if nothing ever changed.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Cora!!! Those caramel rolls look delicious!!! I am sure the "fellas" were quite happy about them! I told my Mom how I was drooling over your caramel rolls and she just looks at me and says, "Well, you know you can make some too!" Haha, even though I am not fond of the winter months I do enjoy the extra time to bake more and bake I shall! ;)
    Hmmm....."No-mato sauce, interesting concept! Hungry tonight, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.