Sunday, September 28, 2014

Celebrating the life of an old friend!

I spent last night and this morning making decorations out of gum-paste and finally decorating these cakes for the birthday party of a 90 year old friend of ours. Clifford and his wife, Ellen used to live in Napoleon and we'd get together with them at their house for a few years in a row on the 4th of July for a picnic/potluck, music, and for watching the fireworks when it got dark out. They later moved down south, and this may be the last time they ever come back to ND, so it was very special to see them again!!
 
 Somebody else (I don't know who) made this creative watermelon bowl... 
 My mom visiting with Norma (Ellen's sister)...
 
Here he is... 
 Clifford is such a jolly guy and he knows how to put a smile on people's faces, that's for sure.
God's love shines through him brightly!
It was great to see so many people come together to put a smile on his face this afternoon.  :)
 
 My dad and Ellen...
 Andrew was brave enough to try a piece of my cake...and he's still alive.  Good sign!
 My mom and I went to Napoleon in the early afternoon to deliver the cakes,
(and we had a slight cake accident on the way, but not too serious)
then the guys came in later, so this is when Clifford came and said "Howdy" to Andrew....
It was a big birthday party!
 Clifford loves "jamming", Bluegrass style. 
Andrew (in the blue striped shirt on the right) joined in the fun with his banjo on his knee...
 
When we got home, there was more chopping to do:
 
The guys chopped corn for silage
 
while
 
we ladies chopped tomatoes, onions, and peppers for salsa to can.
 
 
Such was the start of this new week. 
Oh, and it was cold!  I'm buried under a thick blanket even as I write this now. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Cora! I love the cake you decorated! I sure would have loved to try a bite ;) YUM!
    So neat to have special friends to celebrate with! Have a lovely day, Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.