Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blessed with safety today...

We worked together to get the new cows retagged and poured (stinky delousing stuff) today.   These young cows were fairly cooperative, although there was 1 that nearly wiped my dad out!  I guess my dad said he did get kicked a bit by another cow---"She grazed me a bit" were his words.   

This afternoon, the boys helped me in the kitchen a bit and we made some banana bread and sweet potato hot-dish.  We took care of money business/bills (rolled a lot of coins that were filling up piggy-banks and money-containers).  My mom did a couple of health sessions for people.  She and I ground some "Black seeds" and stuffed 2 batches of capsules.  I practiced on my violin for a while.   Dad, the boys and I played some Foosball.  We got things ready to go out in the mail tomorrow (Andrew sold his fancy camera, as he bought an even fancier, and I wrote out some instructions for how I made my quilt, as a friend of a friend would like to make one like it, so I'm sending her what I have for a pattern).  And, we did some more laundry....   With so many animals needing water now, we can only run the washing machine in the evenings when all the animals are done using the water (or else there's not enough water pressure), so we only get a couple loads done at a time.  It works.  I'm very grateful to have such conveniences.

It was a good day.~

1 comment:

  1. I like your new blog, Cora. Since I can't put pictures on mine anymore either I will have to make a new one, too. I just haven't gotten around to it. I love reading about your day and read every post. May you be blessed this day.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.