Thursday, January 17, 2013

We built snow castles...

I took Johanna and Tracy Jo outside this morning and we played in the snow for over an hour.   The girls and I built snow castles using their sand-pails as molds.  Then, once the castles were built, Johanna promptly smashed them all down with one little puff of her hand.  The snow was actually not very sticky, so it didn't make for very firm castles---or snowballs.  Johanna wanted me to throw snowballs to her, but by the time the clump of snow reached her, it was just a dusting of white.  The girls didn't want to go in even after all of that time outside, but Tracy kept loosing her boots, so I knew it was time to head in. 

My mom and Andrew and Lauretta went to Bismarck today again, as my mom had a full day at her office and Andrew had lots of things to do in town.  He drove his smushed pickup (the one that jack-knifed) up there separately and left it at a shop to get a lot of body repair done, which will take at least 2 weeks time. 

My dad and Jacob worked in the shop---Jacob on his snowmobile and my dad on the grain-cleaners again.  When I got home, my dad was just starting to feed the cows, so Jacob got Sally in for me while I took care of the turkeys and goats, then I milked Sally and Jacob fed her calf.  We spent the evening visiting, planning for the future, and watching Hogan's Heroes....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.