Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to my new blog----and here's a huge picture-post to catch up from the last 2 months...

 
Happy 2013 everyone!
I had a lot of fun putting this post together, as it's been so long since I was able to post pictures that I went a little overboard, but I hope you all enjoy it nevertheless.
This was the day that the cows that my dad bought arrived on our farm.
We were grateful that, for a little extra $, the rancher was willing to bring all of the cows to our farm in one large load...
The following were taken on December 25th---while my mom was opening up her birthday gifts...

Andrew, getting ready to play piano? Hmmmm
Jacob, looking serious...

My mom, opening a present...

"What could be in here?"

This was at Grandpa and Grandma B.s' house, earlier in the day...
My dad carved the turkey...

Don't they look hungry?

My mom is mashing the potatoes while I roll up the crescent rolls...

Grandma's Christmas Cactus was blooming nicely...


These were the thoughtful gifts that my employer gave me. :) She knows what I like!
You may recall when I told you all about this pearl necklace that my great uncle sent me?

This was a fun day a couple of weeks ago, when we went ice skating and snowmobile-sled-ride giving with Lauretta, Sarena and Thaddaeus... Here, Andrew is pulling Thaddaeus on the ice, over the snowbanks.
Now Lauretta's getting a ride...
Ice-hockey time!
The siblings...
Tired, Lauretta?
My dad and mom came up later in the day and guarded the goals with shovels!
It was a lot of fun!
Then, we just skated around, flinging the last person in the line when going around the corners.
Wheeeeee.... (Andrew, me, Lauretta, Sarena, Thaddaeus, and Jacob)
Getting tired...
It was pretty cold, so we bundled up pretty well...
My brothers in their snowmobile suits...
The guys...
Thaddaeus...
This was the Friday before the skating party, when Jacob and I headed up to clear the snow off the ice and we "happened" to meet Lauretta up at the corner, so she came and helped us.
We took Jacob's Rover up, but its battery was pretty weak and it was a very good thing that Andrew joined us later with his pickup so he could give us a jump, or we might have had a long walk back to Lauretta's pickup!
Jacob cleared the ice with his skates on, while Lauretta and I preferred doing that part with our boots on our feet.
Moving on now, we have pictures from my mom's open-house in her Bismarck office(s). Lauretta was with us....
Lauretta and I, ready for picture taking, waiting for Andrew to get the timer set on the camera...
This was a week before, when we were setting up the Betar-table office room. We had to move everything out of that room into the other room in order to set-up the room dividers...
Andrew, screwing them together...
The nice desk that my mom got for FREE on Bismanonline!
Andrew, Lauretta and I went picture-shopping that day and found the large scene (there's a church in the background) you see behind my mom and Lauretta there...
Now it's starting to look more like an office!
The candy-cane cabinet... (that whole basket is full) ;)
This is looking out of the Betar office, viewing my mom's other office room across the hallway...
I made this cake for her open-house...
...and Lauretta helped me mix up colors for this cake for my friend/boss, Paula...
The day of the open-house... This was the door-prize table:
My mom's VibesUp products...
The refreshments...
My mom's desk...
Her work area...

These next few pictures are of when Jacob was driving on a slippery road and jack-knifed Andrew's pickup and trailer (those bales were on the trailer at the time)....
Oops!
Here's where he went down (sideways)...
These pictures are getting older and older. This is of the cake I made for my grandma's birthday/Thanksgiving party.
Grandma at her feast...
Our guys... (That's my dad's younger brother sitting next to him).
Calf working day! Aren't those red ones pretty? ;) (I'm the only one in my family who prefers the red ones).
Jacob did the "pouring" while Andrew ran the head-gate...
My mom kept the bander filled and gave shots...
I kept the records and mixed up vaccines and kept up with ear-tags...
Jerome helped by giving shots...
Jacob again...
Andrew did very well and didn't miss a one...
Hey guys!
This is our humongous 30lb Thanksgiving supper that we raised. ;)
Oh, and here is a picture I took of the middle of my quilt when I'd finished that part...
Here I am looking at my completed quilt-top, amazed that it's finally done!
It was hard to get a good picture of all of it, as it's so large!

That is all of the pictures for now.

I hope you all had a wonderful first-day-of-the-year!

3 comments:

  1. Cora, I love your pictures too.And I love your new blog and the name! :)
    I too have been thinking of starting a new one, for the same reason, and just to get a fresh start.

    Praying for you! You've had a full last couple of months too!
    Love in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog! As well as all the pictures! That ice-skating looks FUN!!!;) The quilt you made is really gorgeous! I've been crocheting some throws/afghans lately. The cakes look really pretty too (and delicious!;) )
    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carra, I look forward to your new blog, if/when you decide to make one. :)

    Thank you, Rachel! It's so good to hear from you! I'd love to see pictures of your afghans (I'll have to head over to your blog to see if you've posted pictures yet....)

    God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.