Tuesday, January 15, 2013

God saved a house for us...

We have been excited about attending the "Cabin Fever Family camp" which is coming up this weekend at the Crystal Springs campground, but got our request for a cabin room in too late, and all the rooms were reserved already when I talked to the family who hosts the event.  However, today we got a call from Mrs. S. saying that there was an option available if we still wished to stay overnight at camp (apart from the family members who will drive back and forth for chores).  There is a small house with 4 little rooms available (each has 1 bunkbed in it).  The house is not heated, but the camp will provide space heaters.  There's no bathroom either, but the house is right by one of the large cabins, so we can shower there.  We are so excited!! 

Apart from that joyous news, our day was pretty usual.  Mom and Jacob worked on schoolwork quite a bit.  I folded lots of laundry and also started choosing the clothes I want to wear at camp (Jacob was surprised/dismayed that I was already packing, but I like to be prepared).  Later, my mom and I worked some more on our annual letter.  I refilled the ink in our printer so that should be ready to go once we have all of the editing of the letter done.....

The guys worked in the shop quite a bit too, then visited a couple hours with a neighbor when he stopped in to make some decisions on the pickup he's having Andrew work on.   It's so nice to have a heated shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.