Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Corn harvest completed!

Hooray!  My dad just pulled in the yard with the semi, which means that our corn is all harvested!  PTL!  Dad has a few food plots to combine for our hunter friend yet, but our corn is off.

I was gone all day babysitting (Lauretta stopped in there on her way home from work and we had a good catching-up talk!).  I hear that my mom raked more sorghum all afternoon; Andrew baled sorghum; and Dad and Jacob did the combining and truck driving.  We're still praying for the snow to hold off so our other farming friends get their crops in too!!

Now we can sing the hymn, "Come ye thankful people, come"!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIPzyy6asPM

"Come, ye thankful people, come, raise the song of harvest home;
All is safely gathered in, ere the winter storms begin.
God our Maker doth provide for our wants to be supplied;
Come to God’s own temple, come, raise the song of harvest home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.