Friday, November 22, 2013

Egg bread?

As I mentioned before, we're trying to figure out ways to make good use of the blessing of the abundance of farm-fresh eggs we have right now.   My mom searched for a regular (not sweet)bread recipe that uses eggs and found one.  I baked bread and a pizza crust following that recipe this morning and it rose well and seemed to be nice and soft, so if the bread passes the taste-test, perhaps we'll make this recipe more often.  I also found a helpful site today about freezing eggs (http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2011/10/how-to-freeze-eggs.html).

My mom and I made 2 kinds of homemade ice cream this morning (strawberry and mint chocolate chip).  Then we gave my dad and Andrew hair-cuts, as they were needing a trim again!

Shortly after the noon meal, my parents headed for Bismarck to run some errands and then to have a special date-night at an agricultural meeting/supper.  They won't be back for a while yet, I'm guessing.

My brothers helped me a bit with cleaning the house and making supper and worked on some odd-job projects around the house (things like switching the outlet back to a regular outlet now that we won't be using the air conditioner for a while)! 

This evening, I played on my piano for a couple of hours....  :)  It's been a while since I did that.

May the Lord bless your weekend with joy and peace!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, yummy! Our family has a delicious egg bread recipe that we love! :D I braid it all prettily and it's scrumptious. That's such a good idea for using up your eggs. Mm, and homemade ice cream too! Glad you all are well and hope you're staying nice and warm this cold winter, my friend! Love and prayers!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete

Greetings~
It makes my day when I hear from you, so, please leave a note! Do you have any suggestions/tips/advice/questions on what I've written? Please let me know.
May God bless you richly as you walk in the paths He has for you today,
~Cora B.